Fall Is In The Air
Contest is closed. Congratulations Mindy for leaving lucky comment 10!
Fall is just around the corner which means cooler temps, grape-harvest time and of course local wine. A busy time for winemakers and wineries alike, tasting rooms are busy and new vintages are being poured. That said I thought it would be a great time to post a list of helpful tips (and products) to make for a memorable visit:
- Be prepared to wait. Fall is a busy time and tasting rooms tend to fill up quickly. If you’re traveling in a larger group, call ahead and make reservations.
- If you’re familiar with the wineries offerings, purchase a bottle and enjoy outside. There is nothing better than spending a Fall afternoon with friends on the patio enjoying a nice cheese platter paired alongside a favorite wine. I recommend packing a blanket, wine opener and a holder for your wine and glasses. The Picnic Stix Wine Set is the perfect companion for picnics, concerts and more.
- Plan ahead. Most states offer web resources that cover their wine industry. Fall is a popular time for festivals and events, so do your homework before hitting the wine trail.
- Take notes! The holidays are right around the corner and nothing makes for a better gift than local wine. A simple, inexpensive, compact notebook to log all your tasting notes, the DeLong’s Wine Tasting Notebook is the perfect companion guide to refer back to after a day of tasting.
- Read my 10 tasting rules here.
- Bring along a friend and introduce them to local wines.
Have a wine accessory that you can’t live without? True Fabrications is generously offering one lucky reader a Cherry Wood 1-Bottle Wine Accessory Gift Set. To enter, visit their website and tell me a product that’s a “must have” for the wine connoisseur. For additional entries, do the following but leave a separate comment for each (this will allow you additional chances to win).
- “Like” TheOther46.com’s Facebook Fan Page. If you’re already a fan, thank you very much! Just list your name below and indicate that you are.
- Post this giveaway as your facebook status and encourage your friends to enter.
- Follow @TheOther46 on twitter and retweet this contest (you can use the convenient green retweet button above). You can do this once per day, just make sure to leave your tweet link as a comment daily.
- Subscribe to TheOther46.com’s RSS feed and let me know you have. Already a subscriber, thank you. Just indicate that you are in the comments.
- Have a blog? Add The Other 46 to your blog roll and let me know you did.
Random.org will select a winner on September 19, 2010. U.S. residents only. Winner will be contacted via email and has 48 hours to respond. If no response is received, random.org will select another winner.