Congratulations to the following list of Michigan wineries for their award winning wines at the recent 32nd annual Michigan Wine and Spirits Competition. The competition only accepts wines produced from Michigan grapes (bravo), and attracted a record 395 wines from 42 of the state’s 64 wineries. The top award winners were:
- Best of Class Dry White: Left Foot Charley – 2008 Pinot Blanc “Island View Vineyard”
- Best of Class Dry Red: Gill’s Pier Vineyard & Winery – 2007 Cabernet Franc/Merlot
- Best of Class Semi-Dry White: Bel Lago – 2008 Gewurztraminer
- Best of Class Dessert Wine: Fenn Valley Vineyards – 2008 “42” Ice Wine
- Best of Class Fruit Wine: Longview Winery – Reserve Cherry Wine
- Best of Class Rosé: Forty-Five North Vineyard & Winery – 2008 Pinot Noir Rosé
To review the complete results from the competition, check out MichiganWines.com, the official website of Michigan’s wine industry.